Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Now Where's My Echo?

I just did a couple of searches using the dropdown box on my Firefox browser. First up, Google. I tried 'David Hambric', and 'Hambric's Curve'. Then I did the same two searches after picking Yahoo! from the dropdown menu. Now, considering that I use Blogger, a Google property, imagine my 'surprise' to find better results with Yahoo! than with Google. Much to its credit, the Yahoo! search didn't give me that condescending "Did you mean:" with my name misspelled. No, it actually returned a full fledged link to one of my pages! Cool.

What also surprised me about the search results was the hinted existence of a bloger's karma of sorts: the first two links on Google from the 'David Hambric' search were because of comments I left on Don Dodge's blog, The Next Big Thing. Again, cool.

No comments: